Grandfather clocks are beloved by clock fans all over the world for their incredibly unique style. Oftentimes large and ornate, these elaborate pieces of decoration are sometimes the perfect element necessary to complete a luxurious and cozy atmosphere in your home or office.
Finish and material can make all the difference in a grandfather clock’s aesthetic. If you’re looking for a clock made from trusty oak wood or done in a warm-toned oak finish, you’re in the right place. We’ve gathered several of the best oak grandfather clocks for sale here for you.
Let’s take a closer look…
Best Oak Grandfather Clocks for Sale
We recommended the Cirrus Oak Clock in our list of the best wall-mounted grandfather clocks because its petite size makes it a perfect addition to your walls. Despite its smaller size, however, it’s still large enough to have a presence on your wall and be clearly legible. Its exact measurements are 13.25 inches wide, 2.75 inches deep, and 26.25 inches tall.
You’ll also love the flexibility this clock has. It offers you three different classic chiming melodies to choose from: Ave Maria, Bim-Bam, or Westminster. The melody of your choice will be played on the hour.
In addition, you can tweak the volume of the chiming. Think it’s too loud? Simply reduce the volume to the perfect level for your space.
- Offers a choice of three different chiming melodies: Ave Maria, Bim-Bam, or Westminster.
- The volume of the chiming can be adjusted so it isn’t too noisy for your home.
- Its case is made from solid oak topped with a California oak finish.
- Has an automatic nighttime shutoff function so it won’t loudly chime after hours.
- You won’t need to wind it up or pull chains because it’s battery-operated.
- Does not include batteries.
- Some owners feel that the pendulum’s movement is a bit too fast.
Typically, oak is an extremely bright color that livens up any room. The Brooke Regulator Wall Clock demonstrates this handily with its brilliant oak frame.
To make it even brighter, the clock features golden detailing on the pendulum and dial. If you’ve got a dark space that needs a touch of light, this clock is perfect for the job.
- Its frame is made entirely from oak.
- Golden detailing on the pendulum and dial gives it a bright aesthetic.
- Wall-mounted design is perfect for homes that are limited on space.
- None reported yet.
Now, this Nicolette Grandfather Clock by Howard Miller is what most people think of when they imagine a grandfather clock! It has a tall frame that’s freestanding, so you can set it on the floor in any location in a home, office, or even business.
Because installing a freestanding grandfather clock can be tricky and tedious, this clock even includes an in-home setup done by an authorized clock technician. This service is offered at no additional cost to you.
Free installation aside, let’s take a look at this beautiful clock itself. It has amazingly ornate carvings on the hardwood frame with a shell and vine pattern. Above the dial, there’s an astrologically accurate blue moon phase dial that gives the clock a thoroughly mystical and unique charm.
This is a cable-driven clock. That means it will have a key you use to turn its arbors periodically and set it up to continue working. These clocks are very traditional and made to last – in fact, the clock even comes with a certificate documenting its history that you can pass down to children and grandchildren.
- Exquisite and detailed design.
- The front door locks to protect the clock’s innards.
- Includes a certificate to document the history for future generations.
- Comes with a free in-home installation performed by a clock technician.
- The legs have levelers on the bottom so you can put it anywhere, even if the floor is uneven or carpet.
- Has a brass heirloom nameplate that you can have your name and a particular date engraved on.
- There’s a two-year warranty on its parts.
- It is both designed and assembled in the USA.
- Because it is free-standing, you don’t have to try and find room on your wall for it.
- It can be a bit on the expensive side.
The Scarborough Floor Clock is another beautiful and traditional option for those who love ornate grandfather clocks. It’s finished in a golden Legacy Oak to lend it a warm, rich feel that’s perfect for tying together an office.
Like the previous clock, this one includes a certificate and brass nameplate. When you go with the Scarborough clock, you are essentially purchasing an heirloom that will last for generations.
One thing we absolutely adore about this option is that it has an illuminated dial. That means you can see the face even in the dark, making it something you can admire at all times.
With this clock, you’ll have a few options for chime melodies, including Westminster, St. Michael, or Whittington. If you prefer, you can activate the nighttime shutoff function to silence the clock after dark, preserving your sleep schedule.
- You can read the dial even the dark because it’s illuminated.
- Finished in a beautiful and bright legacy oak.
- Traditional and sturdy cable-driven design.
- Has a built-in optional automatic nighttime shutoff function.
- There are levelers under each leg so it can go on uneven floors.
- Includes a brass name plate and certificate for heirloom documentation purposes.
- The front door can be locked for security.
- Can be a little expensive.
The Kinsley Floor Clock is yet another durable Howard Miller option that’s perfect for lovers of traditional grandfather clocks. This one is finished in golden oak, which has a light, almost honey-like tone that’s ideal for making any room look warmer. Add this clock to your space if you feel that it’s lacking character and warmth.
It comes with many of the same features that you’d only see in more expensive clocks. That includes things such an illuminated dial, glass mirrored back, and a locking case with sculpted features.
Like many other Howard Miller grandfather clocks, it comes with a brass name plate and certificate. These are great for passing down the clock to your children and grandchildren, making it a family treasure.
- Finished in golden oak.
- The polished brass pendulum has a decorative disc in the center for some extra flair.
- Its dial is illuminated so you can read it in dim lighting.
- Classic cable-driven operation.
- You won’t need to worry about young children fussing with it, because the case locks.
- Comes with a free certificate and brass nameplate for documentation.
- Levelers under each leg keep the clock perfectly stable and even.
- Depending on your budget, it can be costly.
If you like the look of a grandfather clock finished in golden oak but want something more budget-friendly, we might point you in the direction of Howard Miller’s Bronson Floor Clock. This beautiful number has a light golden finish and gorgeous ash burl pattern that will stun your guests.
It’s a cable-driven clock. If you’re worried that means it will be a hassle to maintain, you couldn’t be more wrong. Its upper panel is removable so you can effortlessly access the interior when necessary.
This doesn’t mean that just anyone will be able to reach inside your clock and damage it. The front door is locking, which protects the interior of your clock from anyone who doesn’t know how to properly operate it.
- Reliable and traditional cable-driven design.
- There’s a lamp behind its beautiful moon phase dial, which makes it look like there are shining stars on it.
- The weight shells inside the clock are polished brass to accentuate the dial.
- You can remove the upper glass side panel to reach inside the clock easily.
- There’s a nighttime shutoff function for sleeping.
- Includes heirloom nameplate and document at no additional cost.
- You can adjust the height and tilt of the clock with levelers on the bottom.
- Covered by a two-year warranty for parts and workmanship.
- None reported yet.
Oak doesn’t have to mean something bright and golden. With this Howard Miller Reid Floor Clock, you can enjoy a dark coffee oak finish that wonderfully complements white walls and draws the eye.
What’s more, the Reid floor clock has a unique and contemporary design that’s ideal in a modern home. It may lack the numerous flourishes of the more intricate clocks on this list, but that simplicity is what makes it more visually flexible.
Additionally, you can choose the hourly chime melody. The options available to you include classic tones such as Ave Maria or Westminster.
- Unique minimalist design that can fit into a wide array of settings.
- Dark coffee oak finish is great for contrasting with white walls.
- The dial is illuminated, allowing you to tell the time in the dark.
- You can adjust the volume of the chimes however you see fit.
- It’s battery-operated, which means no winding or maintenance.
- Levelers beneath the legs, so it can stay stable on uneven floors or carpet.
- You can choose whether it plays Westminster, Ave Maria, or Bim-Bam melodies on the hour.
- You can turn on an automatic nighttime shutoff function, so it won’t interrupt your sleep.
- It does not include batteries.
- There is some assembly required.
A wall-mounted grandfather clock can be surprisingly beautiful and budget-friendly. That’s precisely why we selected the Manorcourt, a gorgeous wall clock with a solid oak case that’s finished in golden oak.
It’s a nice and petite clock that can fit in on virtually any wall. You can choose whether it plays classic Westminster or Whittington melodies at the top of every hour.
Plus, it uses a single C battery. No need to fuss with its innards to wind it or set its chains.
- Both made from oak and finished in golden oak.
- Needs only a single C battery.
- The volume of the chime melodies can be adjusted.
- You can choose whether it plays Westminster or Whittington chime melodies.
- The dial and pendulum have a long-lasting brass finish.
- None reported yet.
The Blakeley Floor Clock is another solid option for anyone who doesn’t want a bright-colored clock. Its default color is dark oak, a chocolatey finish that simply screams elite.
However, should you not like the dark oak finish, you also have the option of getting the clock in a vibrant cherry finish, too. This gives you a little more visual flexibility than you might get with some other alternatives.
We also enjoy the moon phase dial above the time dial. It’s an extra flourish that adds intrigue to this timepiece.
- Available in two different colors.
- It has a moon phase dial in addition to a normal dial.
- Beautiful brass accents inside that all complement each other.
- None reported yet.
Finally, we have the handsome Schultz Grandfather Clock by Howard Miller. Like a few of the others on this list, it’s finished in a showstopping golden oak with olive ash burl overlays for some added flair.
You’ll also get to choose the chime melody that plays. Its available options are Westminster, St. Michael, or Whittington. If necessary, you can use the automatic nighttime shutoff function to mute the chimes when you would otherwise be asleep.
To top that all off, the entire interior of the case is illuminated. This is so you can see the clock functioning even when it’s dark in your home, which may be relaxing for you.
- Stately golden oak finish with olive ash burl corner overlays.
- Has an astrological moon phase dial.
- Cable-driven operation.
- Optional automatic nighttime shutoff.
- Floor levelers for stabilization.
- Includes heirloom document and nameplate.
- The case is illuminated on the interior.
- It can be expensive.
What to Consider When Buying an Oak Grandfather Clock
For a clock enthusiast, there are many things that make a clock intriguing. Perhaps one of the most popular features, especially when it comes to grandfather clocks, is their chime melody.
There are a handful of melodies that are most common, including Westminster, Whittington, Bim-Bam, and Ave Maria. Before choosing a grandfather clock, be sure to listen to these melodies to determine which one you like most and whether the clock in question has it.
After all, if you’re going to have that melody playing in the background of your home every hour, it may as well be a melody you like.
There’s another melody-related quality to consider: nighttime shutoff. This function is pretty self-explanatory – it just mutes the chiming of the clock at night.
Unless you’re not likely to be disturbed by chiming, this feature is a must-have for you. It will help guarantee that the quiet of your house is unbroken while you rest.
Freestanding or Wall-Mounted
Another important point of consideration is how you plan on displaying your clock. You’ll need to factor in the layout of your home to do this effectively.
If you have a smaller home, you likely don’t have much space on your floor. In that case, a freestanding grandfather clock may be much too large. On the flipside, a wall-mounted grandfather clock can be wonderful in small homes since you can hang them up on you wall.
A freestanding grandfather clock is a great fit for those who don’t want to deal with the hassle of hanging a clock and have the room for it. In a large, spacious room, a freestanding clock can help fill some of the emptiness and make it feel homier.
You should also think about what the clock is made from. This can have a huge bearing on the cost, look, and durability of your grandfather clock.
Generally, oak calls to mind a clock made from oak wood. There certainly are grandfather clocks made from oak, but there are also some that use plastic components to make them more affordable.
You can also think about the components inside the case. Metal is well-known for being durable. Brass is particularly popular inside clocks, thanks to its shiny golden exterior.
Size is a critical consideration when you select a clock, whether you’re looking for a freestanding or wall-mounted one. Before purchasing one, make sure you determine where you want to put the clock and measure that space.
Once you have those measurements, you’ll know exactly how much room you have to work with. That way, you won’t end up spending hundreds or even thousands on a clock you’ll just have to return because it’s too large or small.
Easily one of the most beautiful, ornate oak grandfather clocks we’ve ever seen is the Nicolette Grandfather Clock. Out of all the options on this list, it’s our favorite because of the incredible carved details on the sides and top of the frame.
Another thing that catches our eye about this clock is that it comes with a free in-home setup. That takes a lot of the stress out of getting the clock put in your home. You don’t need to worry about the trouble of moving it and potentially damaging it while putting it in place.