There’s nothing as classy and homey as a grandfather clock. The steady back and forth of the pendulum combined with the luxurious wooden case gives this timeless piece of décor an appeal that will never expire.
But sometimes, if you’re short on space, finding room for one on your floor can be a real hassle. If this sounds like something you’re worried about, here are some of the best wall-mounted grandfather clocks that we were able to find – all in one convenient location!
Best Wall Mounted Grandfather Clocks
One of the best things about wall-mounted grandfather clocks is that, because they’re oftentimes smaller than their freestanding counterparts, they tend to be more affordable. This Howard Miller Everett clock is a prime example of that statement.
What’s more, it has a stylish Windsor cherry finish that will bring a touch of warmth to any wall in your home. Add it to your home office to give it a cozier feel. Put it up on the wall in your kitchen to help you keep track of the time while you cook. Or hang it in your living room, where guests and family alike will be free to enjoy it while you relax.
- Graceful and elegant Windsor cherry finish.
- Battery-operated, which means it requires little maintenance.
- Gorgeous swan neck design on top gives it a touch of refinement.
- Automatic nighttime shut off, so the chimes won’t wake you.
- You can adjust the volume of the chimes.
- None reported yet.
Howard Miller is often regarded as reliable and desirable when it comes to clocks. We couldn’t resist adding another Howard Miller item to our list: the beautiful Gerrit Wall Clock.
This one comes in a black coffee-colored finish that gives it a deep, warm tone. It would contrast nicely with light walls and spaces.
- Gorgeous black coffee finish is perfect for lighter walls.
- Modest size so it won’t take up too much space, nor will it be too small.
- No assembly required.
- No issues.
If you’re looking for something that will give your home a luxurious old-fashioned feel, this Earnest Wall Clock could fit the ticket nicely. Measuring at just 14.75 inches wide, 6.75 inches deep, and 35.75 inches high, it manages to convey a huge amount of antique charm in a relatively manageable package.
The exterior is done in a stunning Hampton cherry finish. Its veneer has been distressed to give it a naturally aged look that you don’t find in just any clock these days.
As the cherry on top, this clock features a traditional key-wound design. If you don’t mind the maintenance that comes with key winding, you’ll never have to worry about replacing batteries.
- Key-wound design, which means you won’t have to stock up on batteries.
- Distressed cherry finish to give it an antique feel.
- Sturdy polished brass pendulum.
- There’s an optional chime silencing feature.
- It’s both designed and assembled in the USA.
- It can get expensive.
Most people tend to imagine a very particular look when they think of grandfather clocks. More likely than not, you conjure up mental images of decadent wooden cases with elaborately carved detailing and brassy pendulums.
However, if that style of clock isn’t for you, no need to fear. There are clocks like this Howard Miller Cyrus model that have a much more modern flair.
The front of the clock is covered in a smooth glass panel. Behind the panel, there’s a wenge-colored wooden accent that contrasts the face of the clock, making it easier to read.
- It’s a rare grandfather-style clock with a more modern aesthetic.
- Battery-operated movement, which means no key-winding.
- Brushed nickel finish on the markers to ensure the display is long-lasting.
- No reported issues yet.
Read Also: Best White Grandfather Clocks for Sale
This Howard Miller Westmont Regulator clock is another solid option for you if you’re on the lookout for a reliable key-wound grandfather clock. It was inspired by jewelers regulator clocks, which were clocks that were so accurate, they could be used to measure the accuracy of other clocks.
The front door even locks for an extra layer of security. Should you have curious kids in your home, you can protect the innards of your clock from unwelcome hands.
- The glass door on the front can be locked for security.
- Key-wound style clock, so no need for batteries.
- You have the option of silencing the chimes.
- The bushings are made from long-lasting brass.
- None reported currently.
Howard Miller specializes in making a wide range of unique-looking clocks. Another one that we think looks interesting is the Gwyneth clock.
Like the Cyrus clock, it has a contemporary feel that’s perfect for modern homes. Its frame is made with brushed nickel and it has a dark face instead of an off-white one that tends to be standard for grandfather clocks.
Furthermore, because it’s not made from a huge wooden frame, it tends to be budget-friendly. This is a great option for those on a budget who want to add some modern décor to their homes.
- It has an eye-catching contemporary design that works well in modern homes.
- No assembly required.
- Beautiful brushed nickel and black satin coloration.
- You can’t hear the pendulum swinging back and forth.
- Many of the parts are made from plastic, which can give it a cheap feel.
With this Cirrus clock, we’re back to wall-hanging clocks that have a traditional grandfather clock design. The solid oak case and glass front panel give this beauty a classic look and feel that will help warm up the look of any room.
Its triple-chime movement can play Ave Maria, Bim-Bam, or Westminster melodies based on your preference. This allows you to customize your clock slightly, choosing a sound that’s most to your liking.
It also has an automatic nighttime shutoff feature. No more being woken up in the middle of the night by your clock chiming the hour.
- The glass panel on the front is decorated to give it a more elaborate aesthetic.
- You can tweak the volume of the chimes.
- Owners can choose whether the clock plays Ave Maria, Bim-Bam, or Westminster melodies on the hour.
- Automatic nighttime shutoff to preserve your sleep.
- The case is solid oak.
- Battery-operated for minimal maintenance.
- Some owners have said the clock’s pendulum moves too quickly.
Looking for a gorgeous clock, with a warm honey-toned finish? In that case, we might just recommend this alluring Bulova Manorcourt clock, with has a golden oak finish that calls to mind luxurious honey.
If the decorum of the clock isn’t enough to catch your eye, consider the fact that it’s made from sturdy components. Its dial and pendulum are made from metal with a brass finish to add just a touch of class. The frame, on the other hand, is comprised of solid oak wood.
You’ll have the choice of Westminster or Whittington melodies on the hour. At night, there’s an automatic shutoff function so you won’t be disturbed.
- Beautiful golden finish that gives the clock a certain visual brightness.
- Made from solid oak and metal.
- You can choose which melody plays on the hour – Westminster or Whittington.
- The volume of the chimes is adjustable.
- It has an optional nighttime shutoff to prevent chimes from waking you at night.
- No need to wind it, as it uses batteries.
- None reported yet.
We just love the rich coloration and decoration of this Seiko wall clock, and we think you will, too. Its dark mahogany wood with elaborate golden details on the pendulum and dial give it a decadent aesthetic that would enrich any space.
As for chimes, you’ll be able to choose between Westminster and Whittington melodies. Should you find the chiming too loud, you’ll have the option of lowering the volume to the perfect level for your home.
- Made from rich mahogany wood.
- You can choose between the Whittington and Westminster melodies.
- The volume of the chiming can be adjusted to your preferences.
- At night, the chimes can be completely silenced.
- No reported issues.
The final clock on our list is the gorgeous Saybrook clock by Bulova, which has a warm cherry finish and delicate arches on the top of the frame. Its case is made entirely from hardwood for the sake of durability, and the lyre-style pendulum inside is metal.
You’ll be able to choose between three different melodies for the chimes: Ave Maria, Bim-Bam, or Westminster. Every quarter hour, the Westminster chime and strike will play.
- Battery-operated design.
- You can choose from three different chime melodies.
- Has a cherry finish that gives the clock a warming effect visually.
- Lyre-style pendulum adds some flair to the clock.
- You can set the volume of the chiming.
- Optional nighttime shutoff function.
- No reported issues yet.
What to Consider When Buying a Wall Mounted Grandfather Clock
You’re likely looking at grandfather clocks because you like the look of them. However, even within this single style of clock, there are many different design elements to consider, ensuring you get the unique clock of your dreams.
Finish is one thing to think about. If your clock is made from wood, the finish can completely alter the visual tone it has, affecting whether it’s warm and bright or dark and refined.
Another element to consider is the style of the numbers on the dial. Some people enjoy simple Roman numerals to mark the time, but others may prefer stylized numbers that are easier to read.
Finally, think about the overall style itself. Do you want a traditional clock with an elaborate wooden case? Or would you prefer something more contemporary with a minimalist design?
It’s never a bad idea to think of your budget when you’re looking for grandfather clocks. Depending on their materials and design, the cost can range quite widely.
Some clocks can range up into thousands of dollars. Others can be found at a fraction of that cost. Thus, a good starting point for you is to determine what your personal budget is and then find a clock that fits comfortably into your budget.
Nighttime Shutoff Option
The chime of a clock can be a relaxing sound. There’s nothing like a lazy afternoon or evening marked with the soothing chimes of a clock and perhaps a mug of tea or coffee.
However, just because you appreciate this sound during the day doesn’t mean you’ll like it as much at night. After hours, the chiming of your clock can interrupt your sleep – especially if you already have a hard time falling asleep.
If you’re a light sleeper, think about getting a grandfather clock with a nighttime shutoff function. This will mute the chimes at night so that you won’t be woken by the sound.
Another factor to consider is how the clock is operated. These days, many of the most affordable clocks are battery-operated. Not only does this save you money, but these clocks tend to be highly accurate and they’re low maintenance.
If that’s not for you, then you may want to go for a more traditional key-wound or cable-driven clock. These ones will require maintenance on your part to keep functioning, but the benefit is that you don’t have to invest in a stockpile of batteries throughout their lifespans.
One of a grandfather clock’s most powerful charms is its chimes. As we mentioned previously, there’s nothing like the occasional serenade of a clock marking the passage of a peaceful afternoon.
That being said, there are some chime melodies that you’re bound to like more than others. Do you like the simplicity of the Bim-Bam melody, or do you prefer something a bit more complex like Ave Maria?
This is something worth thinking about before you purchase a clock. Try listening to some of the most popular melodies, like Ave Maria, Westminster, Whittington, and Bim-Bam so you know which sound you enjoy the most.
As you can see from this list, there are plenty of wall-mounted grandfather clock options if you don’t quite have the space for a freestanding one. Sometimes, it just takes a little digging to find them, which is what we’re here to help with.
Our personal favorite on this list is Howard Miller’s Earnest Wall Clock. We love the ornately carved acanthus leaves around the top, as well as the distressed cherry finish. Furthermore, its key-wound design will make you appreciate the accuracy and operation of the clock that much more.
Looking for more clocks? Take a look at our list of the best oak grandfather clocks for sale to see even more beautiful grandfather clocks.